Did you ever wish that someone would provide you with a handbook so, whenever you were unsure of what to do, you could just turn to a particular page and there the answer would be staring you straight in the face?
There have been so many times in my life when I truly believe that would have been very beneficial. There are many situations I have found myself in that aren’t covered by this handbook, but I think it would be a good start.
I slept in this morning and then decided to stay in bed to watch one of my favorite shows, “The Closer”. I knew my blog wasn’t prepared, so I was actively avoiding coming out to stare at a blank screen.
I was avoiding the inevitable. I had nothing in mind on which to blog. Before starting to write, I opened my email. There it was…kind of cheesy and full of information everybody already knows, but when the word fountain is dry, one must use whatever means possible.
An acquaintance of mine said, “Once you start blogging, you have to make an effort every day to put something on your blog. Your readers will expect it of you.” I’m not so sure of that right now because the number of hits that I’ve been receiving daily during the past week have fallen well below that which was happening before the Christmas period really began. None of the hits were on the blog that I wrote for the day.
But I made a point of also promising myself that I would try to journal every day. It’s supposed to become a habit, just like every other good habit we are supposed to have. With that in mind, I am passing forward the 2010 edition of Life’s Handbook.
LIFE’S HANDBOOK 2010 edition
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile..
Do you ever get dehydrated? I surely do. I’m at the age when I’m drying out anyway but I’d prefer not to make it so evident. I forget to drink water or other liquids during the day. When I look at my skin and see all the extra lines, I know it is time to head toward the glass. It’s seems so simple to sit 10 or more minutes in silence every day, but I don’t always do it. It’s on those days I really feel I should because my mind is on speed dial, but I need to do a lot more practicing to quiet my thoughts. That takes effort.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control…Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t overdo. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree….
I may be lying to myself, but I think I have most of these covered. At least I’m really trying to head in that direction.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything..
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
Since I live alone, if I so choose, I can go a week without going out of my house. I’m trying to change that, but, the introvert that I am, it doesn’t bother me. With Maxine and Dee in my life, it’s getting harder to stay alone. That’s ok. I appreciate someone checking on me once in a while.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Tell someone that you love him or her, show your love, or at least think your love on a daily basis, whether that person shares your life now or did so in the past. You never know when those actions will really be needed.
Have a safe week this week. Try to find the good that happened in 2009 for good memories. For some it may be very difficult but please still try. Enjoy your day. My thanks to the nameless person who concocted this list. Only the last one was mine. Namaste. Attic Annie